Byrne Ó Cléirigh advised the Irish Government on the development of the first national allocation plan for the EU emissions trading scheme (ETS) in 2003.
Since then, we have supported large emitters of greenhouse gases (GHGs) to navigate the complex compliance obligations of the EU ETS. Our precise technical documentation is always underpinned by meticulous analysis and a focus on the best compliance outcome for our clients.
Our services include:
- GHG emissions permit applications
- GHG permit variations
- Emissions monitoring plans
- Annual emissions monitoring (AEM) reports
- Applications for free ETS emission allowances from the new entrant reserve (greenfield & existing installations)
- Applications for cessation of operations
- Liaison with regulators
The insights section of our website includes several articles that explore the evolution of the EU ETS.